Dating vassar college

Rated 3.85/5 based on 513 customer reviews

Starting in 1956 and continuing until coeducation, the college newspapers published guides to the college men that a Vassar girl might associate with during her four years on campus.

dating vassar college-46

dating vassar college-60

dating vassar college-32

You are here: Home / Vassar Off Campus / Arlington The village of Arlington, an approximately one-square mile neighborhood in the Town of Poughkeepsie, was originally called Bull’s Head, after a local tavern dating from the Revolutionary War era.

When Vassar opened in 1865 on the grounds that had formerly been the Dutchess County Club Horse Race Course, a variety of small shops that served the needs of the college community opened in Bull’s Head.

Many of these stores were constructed from existing small-frame houses.

Alongside these tongue-in-cheek dating rules ran stories openly discussing sex, race, and campus regulation of the private lives of its students.

The 'dating' advice stems from the same women who questioned race relations on campus, mandatory chapel attendance, and college regulations on social life.

Leave a Reply